About Me

My photo
feels that, sometimes feelings are best expressed through words....

Sunday 15 May 2011

Uncertainty ... Friend from Foe


Long has this word been haunting me. It has become my permanent companion. It is the only thing that is certain. And it chooses to be never ending. 

Since childhood i have wanted to finish my schooling in a single school.. Wanted to tell people about how me and my friend ( who I wished to have , had i studied in a single school throughout )grew up together from our kinder-garden... But the only thing that grew up with me was Uncertainty. Pardon my addressing Uncertainty like a person's name.. Apparently it commands the importance . I was never sure that i would continue in a school for the next year and this happened till my secondary. I changed half a dozen schools.. Although i was not blessed with one childhood friend, I was abundantly blessed with friends wherever I went.. And every where I went I introduced my companion to my friends. . Uncertainty!!! All of them certainly accepted me with Uncertainty.. Just like me, they were also expecting the unexpected to crop up from me and it would vanish in no time because I was not sure of doing it..

There is a kind of career I want to pursue. . It might not be given an exact name and a degree like my BE EEE but I know what I want to do when I am in that line.. Every day I try new ways to get on the right track but the moment I think of something , there is always this possibility of it happening or not happening.Happening is my thought and not happening is the thought Uncertainty induces in me. I convince myself that Uncertainty has nothing to do with this . I am just considering all the possibilities before taking a decision, which is why I end up not doing what I want to do . But later I thought that I was providing myself with lame excuses. 

May be the very thought that I wanted a childhood friend, crept upon me so much , that i actually started accepting Uncertainty as my friend. May be that is why I am giving myself the excuses so as to keep Uncertainty out of blame. 

So I began looking at things this way.

Only because Uncertainty is there i don't jump to conclusions.Only because of the kind of thoughts Uncertainty induces in me, I am being appreciated for the kind of decisions I make. Uncertainty taught me to analyse situations from a distance before opining.Uncertainty made me believe in my intuitions. Uncertainty relieved me from being gullible.. Uncertainty gave me an insight to a lot of things which I doubt i would have known even with that childhood friend beside me..I do know that Uncertainty can do good things for me : in a way that I like, and most of the time, (GRRR!! ) in a way the situation demands.. Either way I have accepted (after much thinking and with joy ) to live with it because I am tired of looking for people who do not change with time. And that's the only request my Uncertainty obliges .

No comments:

Post a Comment