About Me

My photo
feels that, sometimes feelings are best expressed through words....

Thursday 26 May 2011

Ignorance is Bliss

Not knowing is more often better than knowing certain things and more often than not, I have experienced it.

Why is that the happiness that our childhood offers somehow never returns?? Its because we are not exposed to unwanted circumstances and hence never encounter undesirable consequences. That is precisely the reason why children laugh when you swing them up and down. They do not know what it is to fall nor do they know what happens when they fall....

People don't dare to act when they know the consequences. But this is not the point I wish to insist. My point is Ignorance is Bliss..
It has got nothing to do with undesirable consequences rather its about being happy. When I do not know what it is to believe, I do not have to bother myself about disbelief. It is such a thought.

It is like saying, when I do not know science, I will not brood over the contradictory arguments.

Sometimes when a few people around us cause pain, we feel that we were better off not knwoing them. This 'Ignorance is Bliss' had it not happened.

With curiosity at its peak, it very difficult to remain this way but people who do are a happier bunch than people who don't.

It's better I don't know a few things if I am happier not knowing them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment